Friday, August 10, 2012

It's that time again!! Yes! Today we present you our Featured Artist: DJ Jeff BAMF* Saenz from Los Angeles, California. Jeff Saenz is 29 years old and he has began working towards being a dj when he was 12 years old. There are many things Jeff has accomplished throughout his extensive career as a DJ including his podcast, the Jeff Saenz Mixshow, where he obtains about 500 hits weekly. He has also produced various known mash-ups and remixes. At the moment he is working on a track with his brother Junior Costa which we all hope to hear soon. 


*BAMF: Bad Ass Mother Fucker

As we did with our previous featured artist, we also prepared the following Q&A so our readers can learn more about DJ Jeff Saenz

Q & A

Who gave you that initial push?
"My dad who introduced me to techno"

Where did the name come from?
"Its my given name, luv my name."

Influences?
"Def Richard Vission was huge for me growing up. And Dj Irene and Bad Boy Bill."

CDJs or vinyl? Why?
"I use both honestly. At home when I record the show I use turntables, at the clubs I use cdjs. Why? Bcuz I like to know how to use everything lol."

What's the best even you've played at?
"A few years ago I played a rave event for grapevines and the road was blocked by cops and I was the only dj to play, so I played in front of 800 or so people from 9pm to 430 am nonstop. That was crazy."

Funniest thing that ever happened at an event?
"I like to be random in my sets so at an edm event I played the thong song, girls threw thongs at me with my future wife right there, it was uncomfortable"

Out of all the tunes you have, which one never fails?
"God to be honest with you my mash up of epic by Sandro Silva and epic mother fucker by Dada Life, when that beat drops the crowd doesn't know they've been sucker punched by me lol."

What's your personal favorite song of all time?
"Wu-tang clans triumph, that song gets me going!"

Any sort of rituals you do before of after an event?
"Aqua de gio lol"

In your eyes, how is the music scene and where is it headed?
"House got so huge its pop now, and that's great I think its awesome. Just gonna get better I think cause its still so underground but everyone knows the songs bcuz of the internet, not bcuz its on mtv or the radio. People now more than ever listen to what they want rather then what they are forced too."

Advice for up and coming DJs?
"Practice and don't cheat like beat sync, djs are now the rockstars and many up and coming ones are doing it all wrong. Start with turntables then to other stuff trust me you'll be better."

What do you do outside the music scene?
"I am a father of soon to be 3 beautiful boys, a husband and I work in the aerospace industry."

Anything else you would like to say? Any Shouts?
"Shout out to all my listeners/fans of my Jeff Saenz mixshow, to my born sons lil J and Evan and my beautiful understanding wife and to you Miguel thank you!"

DJ Jeff Saenz Contact Info: Facebook | Soundcloud | Twitter